Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables to roast – this cooking method is easy, and enhances the sweetness of the potatoes. I’m also a huge fan of smoked paprika, which brings together the flavors of all of the vegetables very nicely. Plus, this is delicious on its own – but you can add protein such as scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. to suit your preferences. Fresh diced avocado would also be a lovely addition!
I like easy recipes, and this is no exception. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, you cook the peppers, onions, and garlic until soft and slightly browned. I happened to have a jalapeño on hand, so I added it. When the sweet potatoes are done, simply add them to the skillet with the other vegetables. Stir in the smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and cilantro. That’s it! Hope you enjoy it 🙂
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (parsley or chives would work also)
- 2 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss diced sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers with oil and seasonings – stir to combine, and spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake for ~30-45 minutes, until edges start to brown.
- When sweet potatoes are done, let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the cilantro and enjoy!
NOTE: This can easily be made the night before and reheated the next morning for quick and easy prep.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary per preparation.