This healthy and colorful dish came together when I was scouring my kitchen for an easy dinner that would not involve a lot of prep work. I found Trader Joe’s Organic Rainbow Cauliflower in my freezer and thought, “I really need to do something with this!” Then I remembered that I had grabbed a pouch of Trader Joe’s Tikka Vegetables – and a plan was hatched! Cauliflower lends itself very well to the rich Indian flavors of Tikka, so I thought this would be perfect.
While I do love cooking from scratch, convenience is appreciated after a long day or when I’m just not feeling it. The Trader Joe’s Tikka Vegetables contain carrots, potatoes, peas, crushed tomatoes, and a variety of spices – a very clean ingredient list for a pre-packaged sauce. You could certainly use ‘regular’ cauliflower, or even a fresh head of cauliflower cut into florets.
First, I steamed the cauliflower for a few minutes until it was almost thawed. Then, roast until starting to brown slightly while I prepped the other ingredients. I heated the Tikka vegetables and chopped up the cashews, then added the chickpeas. Finally, add the roasted cauliflower and cashews and you’re done!! I sprinkled it with a bit of hot pepper flakes (you know I like things spicy!) 🙂
- 1 16-oz. bag of Trader Joe's Organic Rainbow Cauliflower (or one head of fresh cauliflower, cut into florets)
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 10-oz. pouch of Trader Joe's Tikka Vegetables
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam the frozen cauliflower for 3-5 minutes until almost thawed (skip this if you're using fresh cauliflower).
- Add cauliflower to a bowl and toss with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for ~30 minutes, until the florets start to brown slightly, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, heat the Tikka Vegetables in a large skillet and add the chickpeas.
- When cauliflower is done, add to the skillet to combine all of the ingredients.
- Top with chopped cashews and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 10gSugar: 9gProtein: 21g
Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary per preparation.
This post may contain affiliate links. I only promote products that I personally love and purchase regularly.