I didn’t realize how easy it was to quickly pickle vegetables until I tried some that my friend made! These are super simple to prepare, and you can customize the spices to fit your tastes.
I can’t wait to try to pickle other vegetables! The possibilities are endless – mini cucumbers, carrots, peppers, beets, cauliflower, and more. What’s your favorite veggie to pickle?
- chopped vegetables of choice
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp. dill seed
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp. peppercorns
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup rice or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. salt
1) Fill a quart-sized mason jar with cut vegetables of choice (I used a cucumber).
2) Add seasonings to suit your taste. I used coriander, dill, mustard, peppercorns, and crushed red pepper flakes.
3) In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, honey, and salt to a boil.
4) Pour boiling liquid in a jar to cover the vegetables. Let sit till cooled to room temperature.
5) Put lid on tightly and refrigerate.
These will last up to two months in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 782mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is estimated and may vary per preparation.